SEN - Year 2
May/ ASAP start
Reeson Education are currently seeking a highly motivated and compassionate Teaching Assistant to join a Wandsworth mainstream primary school. The successful teaching assistant will be responsible for supporting a Year 2 boy who has special educational needs and autism. This is a full-time position with an immediate start.
Teaching Assistant Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the classroom teacher and SENCO to create and implement effective learning strategies and plans for the student
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to the student both in and out of the classroom
- Monitor and assess the student's progress and report back to the teacher and SENCO
- Help the student to develop social and communication skills
- Manage the student's behaviour and provide a safe and nurturing learning environment
Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- Relevant teaching assistant experience working with children with special educational needs and/or autism
- A patient and caring approach with a passion for helping children succeed
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A good understanding of safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
- Good Written and verbal English
Teaching Assistant Benefits:
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Supportive and inclusive working environment
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of children with special educational needs
To apply for this teaching assistant role, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant teaching assistant experience and qualifications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%