Teaching Assistant for 1:1 Support in Year 2 with Special Educational Needs
Location: Wandsworth Town
Start Date: 17th April 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Teaching Assistant Job Description:
We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a boy in Year 2 with special educational needs at our Wandsworth based primary school. This is a full-time position and requires the successful candidate to work closely with the child to provide the support they require to thrive in the classroom. If you have experience with working with SEN, this role could be for you!
Teaching Assistant Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the class teacher to understand the child's needs and requirements
- Provide tailored support to the child in both academic and social situations
- Encourage and motivate the child to participate in classroom activities
- Record and monitor the child's progress and feedback to the teacher
- Liaise with the SENCO and other professionals, including parents and carers, to ensure consistent and effective support
Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- Experience working as a Teaching Assistant, ideally with SEN experience
- A relevant qualification or a willingness to undertake training
- An understanding of the requirements of the National Curriculum and the primary school environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with children, colleagues and parents
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and trial.
If you are a compassionate, patient and experienced Teaching Assistant with a passion for helping children with special educational needs to thrive, then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%