SEN Teaching Assistant - PMLD
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- PMLD Class
- Key Stage 3-4
- London Borough of Camden
- Full Time Position
- Long Term Contract
- Easter Start
Based in the heart of Camden, this "outstanding" (OfSTED) school is for children and young people aged between 2 and 19 year's with complex learning difficulties, emotional, behavioural and communication difficulties. The school offers and exciting, creative, child centred and flexible curriculum which emphasises 'Deep Learning' by responding to each student's point of learning. There is a range of expertise throughout this school, from the highly skilled teachers and teaching assistants (of which you'd become the latest addition with access to training and professional development) to a range of therapy teams and leaders.
There is a big emphasis on the school community to ensure all staff, pupils and their families feel part of a caring and supportive network as it is through collaboration that they ensure every child's needs are met. The teachers lead their class team through shared goals which are informed by parents, families, NHS Therapists, CAMHS professionals, and the Multi-agency Support Team. This vision at the heart of an integrated provision.
The SEN Teaching Assistant Role
This fantastic Camden school are looking to recruit a dedicated and proactive teaching assistant, who is passionate about working children with special needs and is able to use hoist equipment and experienced in the moving and handling of students who have physical disabilities. The role will start after Easter for a period of 5 weeks and continue for the rest of the academic year if you are successful and like the school.
- Support a Key Stage 3-4 class comprising 9 students with a mixture of physical/learning and speech and language needs
- Support the class teacher in the preparation and delivery of lessons
- Work collaboratively with 3 other teaching assistants
- Take part in sensory development and work on verbal and non-verbal communication
- Use hoist equipment on a daily basis for moving and handling
- Provide personal care - toileting and changing
- Work school hours - 08:30 - 15:45 Monday to Friday, term time only
- Relevant training in Makaton, PECS, moving and handling, first aid, child protection or safeguarding is desirable
The Ideal SEN Teaching Assistant Candidate
- Ability to motivate students, boost self-esteem and promote their social and personal development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents/carers and other support staff.
- Experience working with or supporting children or young people with special needs in either an SEN school environment or a caring capacity within the community.
- Knowledge of PECS and Makaton.
- Experienced and confident undertaking personal care tasks including hoisting.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%