- Special Needs Schools
- Secondary students with severe cognitive delay and Autism
- Long Term and Short Term Jobs available
- Starting ASAP
- £75 - £85 per day
- An amazing School where people want to work!
- Barking, East London
Reeson Education are actively looking to recruit experienced Special Needs (SEN/SEND) Teaching Assistant (s), for a large SEN client school based in Barking. They work with a broad range of SEN(D) needs from Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Autism (ASD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD).
Teaching Assistant - School details:
- Well run large SEN School
- Very good at training their staff
- Expanding School, new pupils over the coming months
- Friendly and welcoming culture
- 8-10 students per class
- Barking based - good transport links plus on road unrestricted parking
Teaching Assistant - Role details:
- Support students with special needs
- Manage behaviours using positive strategies
- Supervise students on breaks, transition and on school trips
- Set up and tidy away lesson resources
- Maintain a safe and stimulating classroom environment
- Personal Care duties when required (feeding, changing)
- Working as a team to ensure every child progresses in their individualised learning plans
The School are seeking bright graduates and experienced Teaching Assistant's who are open to working with their SEN children, able to show initiative and ready to get stuck in!
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Makaton, PECS or Team-Teach training - not essential
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Intelligence
- Experience in a Classroom environment
- Good Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- A Positive, Proactive, Professional, Friendly and Outgoing Personality
If you are interested in this Teaching Assistant role in Barking, or indeed would like to discuss other Teaching Assistant roles across London, please apply today or contact Kiesha @ Reeson on 02038410777 for more details.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%