Teaching Assistant - Behaviour Focus - Camden
- TA for SEMH needs / Behaviour
- Based in Camden
- £70 - £90
- September start
Behaviour support Teaching Assistant - Camden
Are you an experienced SEN or SEMH Teaching Assistant who is looking for a new opportunity? Are you passionate about making a difference in and working with special needs children?
Reeson education is currently recruiting for an SEMH setting in Camden. The provision provides quality education for children with challenging behaviour who are receiving education outside of mainstream education: Pupil referral units (PRU) Social emotional mental Health (SEMH) schools or in alternative provision settings including 1 to 1 tuition due to medical needs or mental health.
- Team teach Qualification or other positive handling experience
- Previous experience of supporting students with SEN. (SEMH/ PRU/Alternative education attachment and trauma issues)
- Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum.
- Skillfully able to plan effective lessons and differentiate based on each child individual needs.
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment.
- Reliable & punctual
- Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
- Ability to develop rapport with SEN individuals
- Playful, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEN.
- Ability to deal with the physical challenges of the job (which likely will necessitate running and physical intervention at times)
About the Role
- You will be responsible for supporting a small class of around 3-6 students with Special Educational Needs (SEN- SEMH /challenging behaviour)
- Support the teacher in delivering the learning objectives for the lesson
- You will use resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons.
If you are a creative and passionate Teachig Assistant with strengths in supporting challenging behaviour, please apply below or contact Kiesha @ Reeson on 02038410777 to discuss.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%